What Division III has to offer
- Division III athletics provides a well-rounded collegiate
experience that involves a balance of rigorous academics,
competitive athletics, and the opportunity to pursue the multitude
of other co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities offered
on Division III campuses.
- Division III playing season and eligibility standards minimize
conflicts between athletics and academics, allowing
student-athletes to focus on their academic programs and the
achievement of a degree.
- Division III offers an intense and competitive athletics environment for student-athletes who play for the love of the game, without the obligation of an athletics scholarship.
- Division III athletics departments place special importance on
the impact of athletics on the participants rather than on the
spectators. The student-athlete’s experience is of paramount
- Division III athletics departments are dedicated to offering
broad-based programs with a high number and wide range of athletics
- Division III places primary emphasis on regional in-season and
conference competition,while also offering 36 national
- Division III affords student-athletes the opportunity to
discover valuable lessons in teamwork, discipline, perseverance,
and leadership, which in turn make student-athletes better students
and responsible citizens.
- Division III features student-athletes who are subject to the
same admission standards, academic standards, housing, and support
services as the general student body. The integration of athletics
with the larger institution enables student-athletes to experience
all aspects of campus life.
- Division III encourages student-athletes to take advantage of
the many opportunities available to them, both within and beyond
athletics, so that they may develop their full potential as
students, athletes, and citizens.
Taken from NCAA.org 1/7/2013